HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEARS
You guys are really lucky. You already have the beautiful shape that the columns and apples would kill for as your waist-hip ratio is gorgeously curvy. What you probably are wanting to do is firm the hips/legs/bottom to offset that lovely waist. If you need a little slimming help you might want to look at our Sculpting Shapewear Shorts to firm the tummy, take the waist in and sculpt the bottom and legs.
Do's and Dont's for Pear body shapes
The key to dressing a Pear body shape is to accentuate your lovely waist and curves because we all know CURVES are definitely here to stay.
- Longline jackets worn open not only cover your bottom but make your legs look slimmer as the jacket gently covers the sides of your thighs. In summer you can pull a kaftan in at the waist to accentuate your curvy figure with a belt of any width.
- To create the illusion of a larger bust you can wear tops with lace and frills to add extra bulk also halter neck or trapeze tops/dresses will show off your slim shoulders while giving the illusion of a larger bust. Cap sleeves will also create more width in the shoulder/bust area. Your shape is best suited to round, boat or scoop necklines. This helps creates more bulk to balance out your hips and legs
- Always wear a slim fit to the waist or a belt to show off that beautiful curvy waist of yours.
LONG SLEEVE TOPS, T SHIRTS AND CAMI'S ADVICE
When dressing a pear body type, look for tops that will help balance your lower half while accentuating your defined waist:
- Wear off the shoulder, boat and wide V or U necks.
- Tops that are nipped in at the waist are perfect.
- Bright and bold patterns and colours make the top half look bigger but make sure you nip in that waist.
- Big sleeves, billowy tops and decorations on the bust and shoulders add volume.
- Jackets or shirts with button and pockets at the bust are wonderful for your figure.
The general theme here is to wear bottoms that do not add volume to your hips and wear pants and skirts that gently skim the body. You already have a very curvy shape and we need lovely clean sleek lines.
- Trousers that fall straight from the widest part of your hip, no gathering in the waist and hip area.
- Darker colours are best and not too much stitching and do not wear jeans with lots of pockets and embellishments.
- A line skirts are wonderful as they hide your thighs and slim you down while showing off that smaller waist. Dresses also with slim fit waist were made for you pear gals.
- Bootcut jeans or trousers are best although a wide leg pant is very slimming as long as they are well fitted around waist and hip.
Girls I am not a full believer in following too strict rules as for example something that looks great on a Column shape may not be great for you but by utilising some of the above hints you can adapt pieces.
So really for you, Pear girls just don't hide your figure in baggy shirts or dresses, whether you are a size 8 or a size 24 dress for your best look to feel the most confident. Don't hide those gorgeous bottoms curves! Don't forget, if you need a little slimming help you might want to look at our Sculpting Shapewear Shorts to firm the tummy, take the waist in and sculpt the bottom and legs.
Best wishes and have fun dressing for your shape,
Sign up now for more fabulous articles and 10% off your next order!