January 31, 2018
HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEARS
Welcome and thanks for stopping on by.
Ah, the Pears. You guys are really lucky. You already have the beautiful shape that the columns and apples would kill for as your waist-hip ratio is gorgeously curvy. What you probably are wanting to do is firm the hips/legs/bottom to offset that lovely waist. If you need a little slimming help you might want to look at our Sculpting Shorts to firm the tummy, take the waist in and sculpt the bottom and legs.
OK the Do's and Dont's for some awesome looks
The key to dressing a Pear body shape is to accentuate your lovely waist and curves because we all know CURVES are definately here to stay
When dressing a pear body type, look for tops that will help balance your lower half while accentuating your defined waist:
- Wear off the shoulder, boat and wide V or U necks
- Tops that are nipped in at the waist are perfect
- Bright and bold patterns and colours make the top half look bigger but make sure you nip in that waist
- Big sleeves, billowy tops and decorations on the bust and shoulders add volume
- Jackets or shirts with button and pockets at the bust are wonderful for your figure.
The general theme here is to wear bottoms that do not add volume to your hips and wear pants and skirts that gently skim the body. You already have a very curvy shape and we need lovely clean sleek lines
- Trousers that fall straight from the widest part of your hip, no gathering in the waist and hip area.
- Darker colours are best and not too much stitching and do not wear jeans with lots of pockets and embellishments
- A line skirts are wonderful as they hide your thighs and slim you down while showing off that smaller waist. Dresses also with slim fit waist were made for you pear gals
- Bootcut jeans or trousers are best although a wide leg pant is very slimming as long as they are well fitted around waist and hip
Girls I am not a full believer in following too strict rules as for example something that looks great on a Column shape may not be great for you but by utilising some of the above hints you can adapt pieces.
So really for you, Pear girls just don't hide your figure in baggy shirts or dresses, whether you are a size 8 or a size 24 dress for your best look to feel the most confident. Don't hide those gorgeous bottoms curves! Don't forget, if you need a little slimming help you might want to look at our Sculpting Shorts to firm the tummy, take the waist in and sculpt the bottom and legs.
Best wishes and have fun dressing for your shape
Sign up now for more fabulous articles.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
August 07, 2018
February 02, 2018
January 31, 2018