January 29, 2018
HELLO GORGEOUS COLUMNS
Many woman comment that they wish they had your figure. You have generally long great legs and a more athletic figure than all the other shapes. You have great shoulders and definitely rock a strapless dress.
Our aim here is to create more curve in the waist and show off our legs so our Curve Control Collection of bodysuits, Runway Slips and Shaping Briefs will be your best friend.
OK the Do's and Don'ts for some awesome looks
The key to dressing a Column body shape is to give the appearance of a waist and create more curve on the bottom.
Look for tops that will add curves to your upper half and create a more defined waist
- Tops with skinny belts not done too tight
- Off the shoulder tops because you're wider shoulders helps create the curve to your waist.
- Wear V and scoop neck tops to slim chest and bring eye optically to the centre
- tops that are full and flowing around the bust help to create volume
- Wear longline jackets and capes
- Wear billowy tops that add volume to the bust and come in at the waist.
Being a column you tend to have good legs and slimmer hips so you can get away with any type of bottoms except high waisted. Look for bottoms though that can add curves to your lower half to help create the hourglass effect
- Cargo or safari pants with pronounced read pockets look great on you
- Slightly flared legs along with wide-leg pants add curve and look amazing. Make sure the waist and tummy bands are fairly flat and not ruffled as you do not need to add bulk to this area
- Feel free to wear jeans or pants with embellished and or flap pockets that will add curves to your lower half
- Pencil skirts look fantastic on your legs so make sure you wear them!
Girls I am not a full believer in following too strict rules as for example something that looks great on a Column shape may not be great for you but by utilising some of the above hints you can adapt pieces. For example, orange doesn't really suit my colouring but worn with black or navy I can get away with it.
I think for you Column girls it's best not to hide your legs and slim hips so I would not go throwing on a huge caftan that covers your thighs. If you have a favourite one then tie it so your legs are on show.
Best wishes and have fun dressing for your shape
Sign up now for more fabulous articles.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 18, 2018
September 04, 2018
August 21, 2018